- Ensure that closing deadlines will be met.
- Monitor client bookkeeper to ensure routine postings are occurring according to expectations and are being coded consistently and correctly. Provide support and assistance as needed.
- Review other journals for tie-out to source documents and appropriate coding, and post to ledger.
- Review posting activity compared to checklist to ensure all routine entries needed for normal close have been posted.
- Immediately advise Accounting Manager of any financial irregularities or suspected internal control issues.
- Submit draft financial statements to Accounting Manager according to deadlines detailed in Mavenlink
- Financial Income and Expense by class
- Financial Income and Expense Current Month and Year-to-date
- Transactions by Vendor – current and prior month
- Note: Mavenlink details actual reports and deadlines to be met
- Prepare monthly bank account and balance sheet account reconciliations as part of closing routine.
- Review current month account activity to ensure proper coding
- Identify all open items included in month end balance, highlighting anything not cleared in the current period
- Understand why non-current items are in any account reconciliation, and what actions will be needed to clear from the reconciliation in the next month
- Communicate non-current item needs to bookkeeper and Accounting Manager, and ensure follow-up in next month
- Work with bookkeeper to prepare weekly estimate of next four week’s cash flow forecast.
- Forecast will incorporate Accounts Payable aging and payroll related activities.
- Accountant to include routine funding sources as well as less routine bank deposits (ASP, cafeteria, fundraising, class trips, etc.).
- Report to be sent to Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting by noon each Thursday.
- Special projects as required.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Communication skills including oral, written, presentation and active listening.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to quickly become proficient using accounting software tools: QuickBooks, Zoho , and Bill.com Competencies:
- Teamwork, Detail Oriented, Sense of Urgency, Accountability
$40K – $45K